Sunday, December 02, 2007

Musings on a winter day

Hello online friends,
It's not officially winter, but it sure feels like winter. We had a first snowfall last night and woke up to a white wonderland. Our little apartment felt cozy enough to bake a peach pie.

Now, I don't have it in me to continue to wax pedantic about immigration. I'd be preaching to the choir anyway. So, I'll let go of the post about contemporary immigration and NAFTA, and the post about who the real terrorists are. I'll skip right to the question that's important to me:

Why would any Christian be afraid of a terrorist anyway? What's with this orange alert bullshit for the heaven-bound? Jesus admonished us to be not afraid of those who would harm the body. He said we should fear the men who can steal our souls. I would say, therefore, that we should be more concerned about the soul stealers of our time: the fear mongers and those who make war in our name, the profiteers, the corporations that carelessly damage our one-and-only earth-nest, as well as the TV shows and other media messages that turn us into weak, selfish, lazy, materialistic, empty shells of humanity.

And that's my say for a winter day. Let's go sledding! Sending love to all,
Lilly

2 Comments:

At Sunday, December 02, 2007, Blogger MojoMan said...

For some reason, your post makes me think of the wonderful movie - based on a Pete Hamill story - "Snow in August." The Golem - the giant protector made of mud - comes to life only after the Hebrew word "emet" is painted on his brow.

Only when we open our hearts and minds to the truth about what this society is doing to us will we be free again.

 
At Sunday, December 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lilly--Thanks for letting me know you are visiting, and coming away edified. As my post says, yes, I believe the earth and humankind are indestructible. I also believe that both are very fragile and vulnerable. Is this a paradox (somehow, both are true)? Or is this just an indication of a totally confused mind? My own opinion on that score changes from day to day.

I'm intrigued by the concept of "polyamory," which I never saw before reading your blog. I've been struggling with how to handle the god/goddess Eros since I was fourteen and met him/her for the first time in my parent's copy of Lolita. The world was changed forever

 

Post a Comment

<< Home